"This is all I have learned: God made us plain and simple, but we have made ourselves very complicated." -Ecclesiastes 7:29-

I've moved!

The Articulate{1} blog has moved to articulate1.tumblr.com. Please stop by for a visit!

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Little Gestures

Last Thursday a couple of "little gestures" impacted me for different reasons...
  1. While driving home from work I saw an older gentleman bundled up--coat, stocking hat, scarf, gloves, and all--making his way through the cold with a big ol' smile on his face. I haven't the faintest idea why he was smiling, but it was contagious.
  2. During the Maundy Thursday service at my church a mom who was sitting two pew rows ahead of me shrugged her elementary aged son's head off of her shoulder after he had rested it there for a mere two seconds. I swear, he plopped his head into her shoulder gently and before he could even get comfortable she moved away from him. It made my heart a bit sad.
Little gestures--moments, sightings, contacts, greetings--can be sooo very big.

No comments: