"This is all I have learned: God made us plain and simple, but we have made ourselves very complicated." -Ecclesiastes 7:29-

I've moved!

The Articulate{1} blog has moved to articulate1.tumblr.com. Please stop by for a visit!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Losing weight and raising money for the Joyful Heart Foundation!

Back in the early weeks of January I began a fitness journey known as the Ultimate Bodyshaping Course, which is a kickboxing, resistance, and nutrition course.  I decided that if I was going to be participating in this ten week long course that I wanted it to benefit more than just me, so I made a goal to raise a minimum of $500 to benefit the Joyful Heart Foundation and help them assist survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, and child abuse along a journey of their own--a journey to heal mind, body, and spirit.  I've named this project Strong Body/Joyful Heart.

In order to raise funds to support Joyful Heart, I'm asking for individuals to sponsor one week of my fitness journey with a minimum $10 donation.  I'll do my part by adding up the pounds and inches I've lost, doubling it, and donating that amount.  I think that $500 is a very obtainable goal considering the fabulous support system I have.

I've now reached my half-way check point in this journey and today completed my five week fitness evaluation.  I am proud to say that I have lost 18 pounds and 3 3/4 inches in my belly!  Better yet, Strong Body/Joyful Heart has raised $243.50.  I have a long ways to go to get where I want to be, but I'm confident that I can attain my fitness goals because of the progress I've made, the support I have received, and because of the encouragement from my instructors at ATA Black Belt Academy in Minot, ND.  And I wholeheartedly believe that with the generosity of others, Strong Body/Joyful Heart can easily raise $500.

If you can help me along my journey with words of encouragement or a donation, I would be most appreciative!  Please visit my website for more information and to find out how you can help.

No comments: