"This is all I have learned: God made us plain and simple, but we have made ourselves very complicated." -Ecclesiastes 7:29-

I've moved!

The Articulate{1} blog has moved to articulate1.tumblr.com. Please stop by for a visit!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Strong Body/Joyful Heart

A few blog posts ago (13 February 2010) I shared with you a fundraising/fitness endeavor of mine called "Strong Body/Joyful Heart" that entails me working my tush off (quite literally) to raise money for the Joyful Heart Foundation.  I've had every intention to blog frequently throughout this little journey, but since this is only my second blog post I have failed to meet that goal.  That said, I have been successful in reaching some much more important goals...

First of all, I continue to experience tremendous success on a fitness level.  My strength improves each and every week and I'm fitting into clothes much, much better.  (Holla!)  I don't think I will see an eighteen pound weight loss at my final fitness evaluation, which is March 22nd, like I did at my five week fitness evaluation.  But I am confident that my body is tightening up and that I'll be able to meet my goals for push ups, sit ups, and a mile and a half run.  Time will tell...very soon!  I can't believe this ten week course is almost up, but another goal of mine is to continue working hard to get healthier.  In order to accomplish that goal, I have signed up for another ten week long UBC session at ATA.

As for the fundraising aspect of SB/JH, I'm chugging along.  My goal is to raise a minimum of $500 by the end of my first UBC session.  Currently, with the help of so many generous individuals, I've raised $393.50.  This does mean that I have my work cut out for me in these remaining days of my course, but I'm confident that this goal will be accomplished.

Strong Body/Joyful Heart has been a wonderful project for me and has been just what I needed in many ways.  I look forward to seeing my progress on March 22nd and into the next ten week session of UBC.  Thank you all for your support!

No comments: