"This is all I have learned: God made us plain and simple, but we have made ourselves very complicated." -Ecclesiastes 7:29-

I've moved!

The Articulate{1} blog has moved to articulate1.tumblr.com. Please stop by for a visit!

Monday, March 15, 2010

These Roads

These roads are all wet
in this drizzling rain
on this dark, dark evening
and, as such,
appear to be metallic.

The lights of this town
filter through the raindrops,
which smudge the black night,
and hit the pavement reflecting light
in such a beautiful, textured way.
There’s depth to these roads now
and romance
for they seem new and exciting somehow.

These roads are different,
like they’re streets in a large city
as opposed to being
the same damn small town roads
I travel on each day.

These roads are magic
in the rain on this night.
They’re city streets.
And I see them taking me
on an adventure of sorts—
nothing grand, mind you,
but an adventure nonetheless.
Some place foreign to me
where I can get lost.

But these streets are just roads
and these roads
only take me home.

No comments: