"This is all I have learned: God made us plain and simple, but we have made ourselves very complicated." -Ecclesiastes 7:29-

I've moved!

The Articulate{1} blog has moved to articulate1.tumblr.com. Please stop by for a visit!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Chocolate Bar Sweetness

Today a man--an unknown man who was in his twenties--propositioned me with a candy bar...

Okay, okay so he didn't "proposition me," but he randomly offered to buy me a Godiva dark chocolate bar at the bookstore where I work. He was rather persistent about it and it made me blush and giggle. I asked this young stranger, "Why do you want to buy me a chocolate bar?" And he simply said, "Because it's a nice thing to do. Isn't it?"

Of course I said yes it was and though I felt slightly silly, I accepted his offer. After all, he said he'd only have one if I did and who am I to deny someone chocolate?! I was sort of flustered by his generosity, so much so that I don't know if I properly thanked him. (I didn't even get his name!) I wish I would have told him he made my day. I so appreciate his kindness.

And isn't that something we need to do more often? Kindness. Random acts of kindness. We're all sooo consumed by our own "to do's," worries, and worlds that we forget we're all connected in this one world. We forget to look up and out of ourselves. We're family and it's nice to be nice. To give a little. Give a lot. We receive so much more in return.

Anywho... I don't know if this "candy man" was flirting, or just being sweet. Regardless, it was lovely and the first time a gentleman bought me anything other than a drink...or a taco. But the taco is a completely different story.

No comments: