"This is all I have learned: God made us plain and simple, but we have made ourselves very complicated." -Ecclesiastes 7:29-

I've moved!

The Articulate{1} blog has moved to articulate1.tumblr.com. Please stop by for a visit!

Friday, January 23, 2009

Grown Ups and Crazy Dreams

It's been far too long since I've spilled... My friend, Kendra, brought it to my attention that I needed a new post and she was right! So here I am again and hopefully I'll be here more regularly. I love to write, to ponder, to open so I don't know why I haven't done this more. Hmm...

Perhaps it's this thing called work. Have you heard of it? It's this thing that grown ups do...a lot. It generally occurs every weekday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and when one has finished with work one tends to go home and reboot, only to do the same thing the following day. See, a grown up needs to work because grown ups have bills to pay and by working a grown up can earn the money necessary to pay said bills. However, there is a cost for working and that cost is the loss of life... One most work to live, but when one works one has no time to live. Or so it seems for this grown up.

Holy shit. I'm a grown up. When did that happen?!

In other news... I had some crazy dreams last night, as I usually do. One dream was more like a story that I was following, a movie I was watching. Or maybe I was in it too... Can't quite recall. But what I do remember is that there was some young people making their way through a snowy and cold wilderness. They were dressed in every day clothes and were not equipped for their environment, save for one individual who had a knife and this little bag slung across his or her body...or was it my body... Cripes, I wish I could remember clearly. Anywho, this bag was remarkable because whatever these youngins' needed in their adventures they could pull out of the little shoulder strap bag. They didn't have to ask for the tool, the bag just provided what was needed. I thought this was cool because the tools given weren't necessarily what they thought they would need. Sometimes they thought they needed more than what the bag spit out. Sometimes they thought they needed different tools. But the bag knew better. I wish I had a bag like that...

Well then, I'll leave it at that. Just a random post from yours truly to start off 2009 (twenty-three days late). I'll be back in touch because there is more to share... Until then, have a lovely day...every day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the bag sounds a lot like dubmledore's sorting hat.

Annie said...

Yeah, it was a lot like that... Kind of a combo between the Sorting Hat and Mary Poppins' Carpet Bag.