"This is all I have learned: God made us plain and simple, but we have made ourselves very complicated." -Ecclesiastes 7:29-

I've moved!

The Articulate{1} blog has moved to articulate1.tumblr.com. Please stop by for a visit!

Monday, August 6, 2007

More questions to ponder...

  • Why is Carson Daly still on TV? There should be a law that only comedians can have a late night talk show. Really, I just don't find him funny. And though I'm typically asleep when his show airs, I just think that it is the principle of the thing.
  • Have you ever, for lack of better words, felt sorry for individuals eating in public by their selves? I have, but I have no problem eating by myself. Why is that?
  • When a couple is riding in a single cab truck why is it necessary to sit side by side? If you can't drive a few blocks without being hip to hip you have a problem.
  • Why am I called "ma'am" by 18 year olds? I am only 23 and therefore only 5 years older. Ma'am-calling should not happen until I am at least in my 40ies.
  • When will wireless headphones become mainstream for MP3 players and other similar portable devices? I'm really tired of always having to untangle mine and running gets annoying as well. Wireless headphones would be phenomenal and frankly, their introduction is overdue.
  • What is it about babies and dogs that just makes me want to kiss and hug them? Fear not, I have self restraint and only love up babies and dogs I know. But truly, the sight of babies and dogs instantly makes my heart happy.
  • What has happened to manners? I think it is not only polite, but also necessary to thank someone for, let's say, holding the door open for you. Moreover, it doesn't hurt to hold a door open for someone else.
  • How is it that a soda, a beer, and/or a glass of juice can be so full of calories? I mean, understand it, but they're liquid! There's practically nothing to them. I just think that beverages should not add up to a...a...steak in terms of calories when their masses are completely different. You know what I mean?
  • If Miss, as in Miss Johnson, is spelled M-I-S-S why does she acquire an "r" when she obtains her M-R-S and becomes Mrs. Olson? Where does that "r" come from? Mr.? I mean the woman takes the man's last name and she has to take along a random "r" as well? I don't get it.
  • What is the fascination with Paris Hilton and other Paris Hilton-esque "celebrities"? I don't know her, and don't like or dislike her. I'm pretty much indifferent. But why is she so newsworthy when there are twenty-somethings running marathons, overcoming cancer, and contributing to their communities?
  • How does a bridge suddenly and completely collapse with seemingly no immediate warnings? This just should not happen.

No comments: