"This is all I have learned: God made us plain and simple, but we have made ourselves very complicated." -Ecclesiastes 7:29-

I've moved!

The Articulate{1} blog has moved to articulate1.tumblr.com. Please stop by for a visit!

Sunday, August 19, 2007

I like today...

Today was not extraordinary, though there were moments that were out of the ordinary. All and all this day was average, but splendidly so. Here's why...

When I entered my bedroom I was greeted by the smell of peanut butter and jelly. I don't know why it smelled of a PB&J sandwich, but it did. It was random, but I liked it.

There was a grasshopper hanging out on my living room window, high above his world. I am unsure if he was clinging to the spot, or just enjoying the view. Regardless, he's been there for two days and I appreciate that he chose to visit my window and bare his belly to me. I wonder if he will be there tomorrow... If so, I think I'll have to name him.

I enjoyed a lovely conversation with a dear friend. It was so nice to chat with someone who "gets me." She shared great insight into my current complexes and provided a fresh perspective about a matter that has troubled me. We shared laughs and made promises to each other to cultivate bravery in our respective lives. Her wisdom made me happy.

Finally I will mention that today was dark and rainy, but it was a nice break from the August heat providing a welcomed glimpse into the fall. I wore my favorite sweat pants, enjoyed a cup of tea, and sunk into all things cozy. It was great, truly great.

This day was usual, but what was unusual was my gratitude for the usual. I need to give thanks more often. It brings a calmness into my heart and gives life to a deep, yet simple peace.

No comments: