"This is all I have learned: God made us plain and simple, but we have made ourselves very complicated." -Ecclesiastes 7:29-

I've moved!

The Articulate{1} blog has moved to articulate1.tumblr.com. Please stop by for a visit!

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I like it like that...

  • I like that when I Google my name the first blurb in the search results is associated with The Joyful Heart Foundation.
  • I like that toothpaste can double as silver polish.
  • I like my handwriting.
  • I like that when I empty spam from my email account Gmail proclaims, "Hooray, no spam here!" We need more "hoorays" in our daily lives.
  • I like that when I'm with my friends and one asks for chapstick to hydrate her parched lips, it becomes a quick draw race and multiple hands thrust forward to the friend in need clutching a tiny tube of lip balm.
  • I like that there is a certain stretch of storefront windows on North Washington Avenue in Minneapolis that flatter me with a long and lean reflection. Seriously, I have legs for days in those windows.
  • I like that my local Dunn Bros knows me by my drink of choice: medium Chai Latte.
  • I like that when I hear a particular song it reminds me of a fantastically random memory.
  • I like that when I let my curls down for the evening, after being pulled up all day, they hold on to their form somewhat. It makes my hair look like its flying in the non-existent wind and it makes me giggle.
  • I like that my dogs absolutely love me just the way I am.
  • I like that my family thinks I am phenomenally talented even when I don't.

No comments: