"This is all I have learned: God made us plain and simple, but we have made ourselves very complicated." -Ecclesiastes 7:29-

I've moved!

The Articulate{1} blog has moved to articulate1.tumblr.com. Please stop by for a visit!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Minot Daily News Article Regarding Strong Body/Joyful Heart

Losing weight for a cause:  Minot woman works out to raise money for charity
Article and photos by Katina Tengesdal - Minot Daily News Staff Writer
(posted 20 April 2010) 
Annie Langseth has a unique mission. She’s combining her personal weight loss goals with fundraising for a charity called the Joyful Heart Foundation.

“I was at my all time heaviest weight and I wanted to get healthy again. I had a membership to a gym but I wasn’t pushing myself to make it there every day,” Langseth said.

Along with a friend, Langseth joined a 10-week fitness course, the Ultimate Body Shaping Course at ATA Blackbelt Academy in Minot. As the pounds and inches began to come off, Langseth decided she should add to the benefits by helping others as well.

“One night, after being very sore from class, I thought I should be sore for a very good reason other than just myself,” Langseth said.

Langseth came up with the idea to fundraise for the Joyful Heart Foundation, established by actress and activist Mariska Hargitay. Langseth became familiar with the foundation in college and raised money for it then. She also had the opportunity to meet Hargitay and she was further inspired.
After college, Langseth continued to raise funds for the foundation in various ways, including hosting an art auction in Minot last spring.

The Joyful Heart Foundation assists survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, and child abuse. Langseth’s goal this year was to raise $500 for the foundation, by donating according to her inches and pounds of weight lost and through individuals supporting her efforts.

To date, Langseth has lost 18 pounds and nearly four inches in her belly, and she has pledged to double that amount and donate $43.50 to Joyful Heart in addition to the $200 she has already raised. She will continue her fundraising efforts as she gears up to begin another 10-week UBC course.

“When I’m tired, I’ll chant to myself, Strong Body, Joyful Heart. It’s a reminder for me to try and crank out a few more pushups or situps,” Langseth said.

For more information or to support Langseth in her endeavor, visit her Web site at (www.articulate1.com).


No comments: