"This is all I have learned: God made us plain and simple, but we have made ourselves very complicated." -Ecclesiastes 7:29-

I've moved!

The Articulate{1} blog has moved to articulate1.tumblr.com. Please stop by for a visit!

Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Wonderful Journey

Well, the second round of my Ultimate Bodyshaping Course concluded today with fantastic results.  I can truly say that I no longer dread what my body is not capable of.  Rather, I am proud of what it is capable of and I welcome the challenge to push myself beyond that.  I am looking forward to continue building on the foundation UBC has helped me to establish because there is more work to do!

But for now...for now, I'm going to toot my own horn because I am proud of what I accomplished!  In twenty weeks I increased the number of push ups I can do on my toes in one minute by thirty and my minute sit ups by twenty-six.  I shaved two minutes and twelve seconds off of my mile and a half run (this was accomplished in a ten week long time frame).  Let me tell you, I am really proud of that because I used to hate running.  Now I rather like it...  My body fat has been reduced by 7.6%, my tummy has shrunk 8 1/4 inches, and I've dropped forty-two pounds.  And I've got some toned muscles--watch out now!  I'm the lightest I've been in at least a handful of years and the strongest I've ever been.  Suffice it to say, I am in the best shape of my life and am working hard to further this success.  Best of all, I've received support from so many generous people who have helped my Strong Body/Joyful Heart project raise $1,110 to benefit the Joyful Heart Foundation!

What a wonderful journey this has been!  I feel remarkable inside and out and I'm eager for more progress.  Next up for me is an ATAFit BootCamp for the month of June.  It has a similar fitness routine to UBC, but on Saturdays we'll take our workout to the great outdoors at various locations:  parks, playgrounds, extremely long flights of stairs...  I don't quite know what I am in store for, but I am excited to get my butt kicked!

Thank you for your support and encouragement!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulation Annie! That is an amazing accomplishment, and a long healthy life is your reward. Keep it up!

Unknown said...

Sounds awesome where do people sign up? Keep up your drive and motivation!!

Annie said...

Thank you! If you're in the Minot, ND area visit ATA at 515 20th Ave SE. To find a gym that offers the UBC program near where you live visit www.ultimatebodyshaping.com. UBC is in the process of updating their website and "look". It's my understanding that they'll be switching the official name from Ultimate Bodyshaping Course to Ultimate Body Challenge. Whatever the name, it's guaranteed to kick your butt...in a great way!

Ginajam said...

YOWZA! You are one amazing chick, Annie! I'm so proud of you and what you've accomplished. You look incredible. THanks for giving us an update. Wish I could commit to the program this summer, but we are going to be gone a lot. Maybe someday when the kids are older, I'll actually get to concentrate on ME for once! I still say you should teach that class :-)