"This is all I have learned: God made us plain and simple, but we have made ourselves very complicated." -Ecclesiastes 7:29-

I've moved!

The Articulate{1} blog has moved to articulate1.tumblr.com. Please stop by for a visit!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

My Four Legged Nephew

My adorable four legged nephew, Butkus, is sick.  The sweet boy has cancer and our days with him are sadly numbered.  He was my homey when I lived with my brother--making my days much happier.  I'm telling you, you haven't lived until you've spooned a 125 pound dog...  Mmmhmm, that's right.  But now Butkus has shed weight so he's just a little guy--for a French Mastiff anyway.

Back in April my brother, sister-in-law, and Butkus visited my parents and I.  That meant that I got to have Butkus all to myself since Nick and Casey stayed at my parents' house; my parents have a French Mastiff of their own, so Butkus stayed with my dogs and me.  I think he had a really great time with Gertie and Whiskey.  He's been in love with Gertie since day one, but he actually didn't try to hump her this time.  This was a nice change, but also sad because it's just one more indicator that he's not his usual self.

Sigh.  It's going to be so hard to say good bye...  He's such a good dog!  Oh how I love him.  All we can do is be thankful for our time with him and cherish the time that remains AND give him all the treats he wants!

Classic Butkus

No comments: