"This is all I have learned: God made us plain and simple, but we have made ourselves very complicated." -Ecclesiastes 7:29-

I've moved!

The Articulate{1} blog has moved to articulate1.tumblr.com. Please stop by for a visit!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A few things I've picked up along the way...

I have learned that there is no worse feeling than that of feeling out of place. You feel lost and wrong. You feel like a mistake. On the other hand, the feeling of being in place is absolute bliss. You feel found and right. You feel purposeful.

I have learned that life is not perfect. It's messy, unpredictable, and a constant struggle. But if we clean up after ourselves, discipline ourselves, and never give up on ourselves we can make life's imperfections beautiful.

I have learned that the truth can be hard to grasp and even more difficult to cope with because truth is not based on reason, it is based on fact. When you open yourself up to truth you no doubt open yourself up to pain, loss, and tragedy. But you also open yourself up to the resilience of the human spirit, love, and hope. It's not always fair, but what I have learned more than anything is that it is always worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the comments ... loved to hear what you are thinking about ... would especially love to talk about the truth stuff ... it is powerful. I hate the reality of pain, loss, and tragedy ... I'm having difficulty trusting that it is all worth it ... but want to continue to experience the reality of love and hope ... so I chose to to trust in truth. Tam