"This is all I have learned: God made us plain and simple, but we have made ourselves very complicated." -Ecclesiastes 7:29-

I've moved!

The Articulate{1} blog has moved to articulate1.tumblr.com. Please stop by for a visit!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Icebreaker

Hello there! I'm Annie. Pleased to meet you. I hail from the "Magic City."

Oh, sorry... You don't know where that is? Okay, okay. Well, I'm from Minot, North Dakota. "Why Not Minot," if you will.

Still don't know? Okay, um...

Yeah, Minot is the fourth largest city in the great state of North Dakota and is located north of our state capitol...

What's that? Bismarck, yes, Bismarck is the capitol of NoDak. Anyway, back to Minot...

Minot is also located to the west of the Geographic Center of the United States, which before you ask, is Rugby. And of course, North Dakota itself is north of South Dakota. Hey, don't give me a hard time about that either because no one makes fun of North and South Carolina and it's pretty much the same thing. Pff.

ANYWAY...

Minot is the home of the Magi, Josh Duhamel, the North Dakota State Fair, the Great Anhydrous Ammonia Spill of 2002, North America's largest Scandinavian festival (the Norsk Hostfest), and me.

I know what you're thinking... Yes, it's basically the shiznit.

But Minot is behind me now because I live in an even smaller town north of St. Paul, Minnesota. I like to call it The Boondocks. I came to Minnesota because I graduated from the University of North Dakota in May of 2006 and after a few months living with the parents it was time for me to become an adult and I had no where else to go. The only problem is... I'm still working on that adult thing. "Working" being a sort of ironic choice of word because I'm not working. Ha!

No, it's really not that funny. Not funny at all. I shouldn't laugh. It was a nervous laugh, but I shouldn't laugh because I need a job. Or as my brother puts it, a J-O-B.

Congratulations to him, by the way, for his superior spelling skills. Really, give him a round of applause.

But yeah, I'm a Job Hunter and I've got the camouflage and neon orange gear to prove it. Well, that's a lie; it's a joke. Ha ha. Anyway, since I'm jobless I prefer to call myself a Dreamer. Yup, it's my official non-official job title until I'm adult enough to earn a job title.

So until then, you can call me Annie. Annie, the funny girl from North Dakota who is a dreamer. That's me in a nut shell. Not an actual nut shell, but...

Oh, you get it.

No comments: